Questions to Consider
As you watch the video, stop at these five points and answer the questions.
1. Are you looking for “signs” that your spouse is changing? Have you read intent into any of your spouse’s texts, calls, or comments?
2. “Their strength is their God” (Habakkuk 11:1). What does this mean to you? Have you or your spouse put your trust in “strength” or yourselves?
3. What does it mean to set up idols in our heart (Ezekiel 14:4)? Dr. Jacoby says that our heart is where idolatry really takes place. What does that mean to you? Do you have your spouse as an idol in your heart? What about control as an idol or the fear of rejection or abandonment?
4. Have you allowed your spouse or something else to take God’s rightful place in your heart?
5. Have you simply added the true God into your “collection” of gods? Does God have a stiff competition with the other gods in your life?
In light of what you learned, what areas of your life do you need to change?
Be heard, get biblical direction, and seize your own healing when you book a 45-minute call with Kim. Pick a time that is convenient for you. You may also have the opportunity to join a tribe of Truth Seekers finding intimacy with God and a community of safe others.